An opportunity to make a difference
Becoming a Blue Haven volunteer is an amazing way to enrich the lives of others and give back to the community.
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Gain confidence in a variety of roles
- Raise awareness and support in the community
- Use your skills in a positive way
- Receive ongoing support and invites to regular events
Volunteering with us
What will I be doing?
Without our valued volunteers, we simply couldn’t provide the range of care available, at the highest standards possible. Volunteers provide assistance for seniors (65+) and those under 65 living with a disability, people without access to transport and support for their carers. Roles may include:
- Assistance with shopping
- Training to help travel on public transport
- Transport to appointments, groups or events
- Providing respite for carers
- Helping on and off the community bus
- Reading to the visually impaired
- Support with basic IT, such as using an iPad
- A simple cup of tea and a chat!
We are always on the lookout for enthusiastic and compassionate people to join our extended team. Apply today!
Please note that all Blue Haven Care volunteers are required to undergo a police check and medical clearance.