Blue Haven Illawarra | Community Services
Share Print
Getting Started

Specialist in Home Support Services


Blue Haven provides many support services to help you stay at home longer.

You get to choose the services you want. To speak with one of our team call us on (02) 4203 4055.

Our support services

The Blue Haven Difference

Why choose Blue Haven?

Blue Haven has been a part of the Illawarra and Shoalhaven communities for more than 40 years, providing support services tailored to each individual’s needs and environment. Our experienced team offers nursing & respite care, domestic help, maintenance, social support, personal care and more – flexible, friendly and attentive at all times.


Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National)

Blue Haven provides access to the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National), which serves as an essential resource for individuals who are not proficient in English. The Free Interpreting Service endeavors to ensure equal access to critical services for individuals with limited or no proficiency in the English language. To make use of the Free Interpreting Service, please reach out to TIS National at 131 450 for prompt telephone interpreting assistance. 


We provide many Services for Home Care Package and Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) recipients:

Personal Care

Our personal care service includes assisting people with showering, dressing, toileting, shaving, hair care, assisting with mobility, helping put on stockings, splints or callipers, monitoring self-medication and prompting to undertake a planned exercise program.

Domestic Assistance

Our team is able to assist with domestic tasks including cleaning (floors, bathrooms and kitchens), taking the rubbish out, changing bed linen and doing laundry. We can also assist with shopping for essential items and bill paying.

Home Maintenance

Our team offers regular or one-off assistance with lawn mowing & garden maintenance, garden clean up & rubbish removal, minor repairs & maintenance, basic carpentry, small painting jobs, and basic plumbing such as replacing washers and minor leaks.

Carer Respite

Looking after a loved one can be demanding, which is why we offer one-on-one respite to give a carer time to themselves, via a volunteer or paid worker.

Clinical Care

Our registered Blue Haven nurse will visit you at home and provide clinical and basic medical care such as wound dressing. This service also includes other allied health support including physiotherapy and hearing and vision services.

Social Engagement

For those living alone or in need of some company, our team offers friendly visiting and assistance with reading correspondence, and card and letter writing. We also offer regular excursions to allow our community to interact with each other.


We offer two service types – you may be eligible for Government funding.

Not sure what’s right for you? Call My Aged Care to find the right assistance for you.

phone 1800 200 422

    For long-term help, Blue Haven can provide you with a Home Care Package. If you require multiple services then a tailored Home Care Package (HCP) is the best option for you. There are 4 levels of funding available. Call us on (02) 4203 4055 to organise your service package today.

    More Information

    Designed for those looking for short-term/casual help or basic assistance around the home, the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) lets you choose how to spend your money, when you need it. You’re not locked into anything. CHSP is for people who only require a few services at home.

    More Information

“I have four hours a week domestic help and we do housework, on Thursdays my support worker and I socialise, we got out and we shop – I love her, she’s good company. And if I need anything else I know I can call Sue my service facilitator (case manager) and she’s happy to help, it’s easy!”

Jan J

Home Care Packages Client

Contact Us

Get in touch, submit an enquiry or give us feedback.

Contact Us phone (02) 4203 4055

close Close

Make an Enquiry

Write and send your enquiry on the form provided. Alternatively you can call or email us.