An opportunity to make a difference
Becoming a Blue Haven volunteer is an amazing way to enrich the lives of others and give back to the community.
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Gain confidence in a variety of roles
- Raise awareness and support in the community
- Use your skills in a positive way
- Receive ongoing support and invites to regular events
Volunteering with us
What will I be doing?
Without our valued volunteers, we simply couldn’t provide the range of care available, at the highest standards possible. Volunteers provide assistance for frail seniors, those under 65 living with a disability, people without access to transport and support for their carers. Roles may include:
- Assistance with shopping
- Training to help travel on public transport
- Transport to appointments, groups or events
- Providing respite for carers
- Helping on and off the community bus
- Reading to the visually impaired
- Support with basic IT, such as using an iPad
- A simple cup of tea and a chat!
“It makes me feel good to see the people I am volunteering for being glad that I "exist" in their lives”
We are always on the lookout for enthusiastic and compassionate people to join our extended team. Apply today!
Please note that all Blue Haven Care volunteers are required to undergo a police check and medical clearance.