Kiama Council held the first meeting of the newly formed Blue Haven Advisory Committee on 3 May 2023.
The committee replaces the Blue Haven Advisory Board that was a Section 355 Committee, which was disbanded in June 2022. https://www.kiama.nsw.gov.au/Council/News/Blue-Haven-Advisory-Board-to-be-remodelled
Council has taken the time to consider the best form of an advisory panel for our Blue Haven business and has chosen to make it a committee of Council similar to the Finance Advisory Committee.
Joe Gaudiosi, Kiama Council’s Chief Operating Officer (COO) said the new committee is in line with our revamped committee structure, endorsed at the April 2023 council meeting.
The Blue Haven Advisory Committee has also been created to align with previous Council resolutions to provide advice on aged care and retirement village operations.
“I welcome the new advisory committee as a prudent governance measure for Council with the operation of our Blue Haven services,” said Mr Gaudiosi.
The advisory committee has expertise and skills that will be useful in providing advice to management and Elected Representatives.
The Blue Haven Advisory Committee currently comprises:
- Elizabeth Kelly – Lawyer and governance expert who has held senior State and Federal government roles
- Paul Sadler – Aged Care Industry expert, former CEO state and national peak body
- Neil Reilly – Mayor of Kiama
- Jane Stroud – CEO Kiama Council & Blue Haven
- Joe Gaudiosi – COO Kiama Council & Blue Haven
- Rachel Hall – Manager Aged Care & Operations, Blue Haven
- Jodie Hopkins – Manager Retirement Village / ILU Operations, Blue Haven
An additional member of the committee with clinical care experience is also being sought.
16th May 2023