Blue Haven lifted its recent COVID lockdown on 25 January.
However, the COVID-19 virus continues to spread across communities within Australia. The majority of people who contract the virus make a full recovery, but more vulnerable people, including older people or people with chronic health conditions, are at higher risk of being significantly impacted by the virus.
Blue Haven aims to allow the least restrictive access for visitors, balanced against the current high level of risk of COVID-19 transmission and risk to resident health.
In line with advice from our local Public Health Unit, Blue Haven is re-opening on a staged basis with extra precautions in place to ensure the health and safety of our residents and staff.
Our current entry requirements for visitors are as follows:
- Please book with reception for visits.
- Visits are limited to one hour per resident per 24 hours.
- Visits must occur between the hours of 10am-2pm, 7 days per week.
- Please present to reception for temperature and symptom check.
- All visitors must be vaccinated against influenza and COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination.
- All visitors must undertake a RAT test on entry (15 minutes for results).
Residents can receive care and compassionate visits at any time, however:
- please present to reception or contact the RN (after business hours and on weekends) prior to coming on site and when leaving the site.
Please note also:
- Visits will be undertaken outside where possible for residents able to mobilise.
- Visitors can still book FaceTime calls with reception or by calling the Facility.
If you are unwell or are experiencing flu-like symptoms such as sore throat, coughing, fatigue/muscle aches and shortness of breath or if you have recently returned from overseas, we request that you do not visit Blue Haven Residential Facility.
28th Jan 2022